Thursday 9 August 2012

RHS Hampton Court Flower Show - part3

One of the best thing of RHS Shows is the opportunity to see and questioning about new plants and cultivars, or maybe just discover again a forgotten species.

Today I want to share with you some of the plants that drawn my attention and that will look fab in a whenever a touch of white is required! :D

 {Agapanthus 'Tinkerbell' - a blue-flowered Agapanthus, but with unusual cream-variegated leaves, I find it very elegant, as the similar form named 'Silver Moon' - Pic source: www.smgrowers.com}
{ Acer Palmatum 'Oridono-nishiki' - This unusual Acer, shows variegated leaves with a hint of pink that recall me one other of my favourite plants: Actinidia kolomikta -  Pic source: http://www.pudelko.com.pl }

{Eryngium planum 'Jade Frost' - The Eryngium is a popular star of these last summers, and it is also well appreciated by our buzzing little friends, but it is not common to find one with a white-creamish rim like this! - Pic source: www.plantipp.eu}

{ Lunaria annua 'Variegata' - I love the fruits of this plant! Even more now that I can have them on a variegated-leaves plant! :D -  Pic source}

I also felt in love with:


  • Fuchsia 'Roualeyns White Gold', a 2012 novelty from Roualeyns nursery;
  • Myrtus communis tarentina 'Variegata', a fragrant and decorative bush whose scent will project you in a Mediterranean paradise;
  • Ornithogalum magnum, a very big Ornithogalum, as the name suggest!
  • Phalaris arundinacea 'Feesy', a very good-looking and ornamental grass;
  • Rhodohypoxis baurii, a little bulbous that I am sure will surprise you;


And last but not least, Thulbaghia violacea 'Silver Lace', that increased my love for Thulbaghias and that I can already see in my dream garden, in company of some Agapanthus 'Silver Moon'....

Ok, that day is a bit far away but..hey! Let me dream!!! :D

And what about you? Were there some plants that captured your heart at Hampton Court Flower Show?





No comments:

Post a Comment